We welcome students to our MBA community with networking events at a variety of scales. There, you will engage with business professionals of various domains and backgrounds and enrich your experience through corporate visits and networking events with like-minded people.
Join in our local and overseas alumni events to bond with graduates from other intake classes. These events are offered at different scales and in a variety of formats, letting you connect with your alma mater’s alumni in settings that you enjoy.
Be inspired by senior alumni who share their ambitions and first-hand experiences with you. Whether the topic be career acceleration through the MBA degree or industry insights from senior executives’ perspectives, our alumni’s selfless contributions nurture MBA elites, fostering a sustainable and supportive MBA community.
LEARN FROM INDUSTRY VETERANS
The following are some of the industry speakers invited to our enrichment talks in recent years. These speakers share industry insights and leadership know-how with our MBA community from their diverse areas of expertise.
- Damien Vernet, President of LVMH Fashion Group for Asia
- Alice Wong, CFO, Hong Kong Television Network Limited
- David Plouffe, Former Vice President of Policy and Strategy, Uber
- Kenneth W. Hitchner, President of Goldman Sachs in Asia Pacific (Ex-Japan)
- Frederick Mutto, Customer Experience VP, Global Operations, Schneider Electric
- Donnell Green, Former Head of Human Resource Asia Pacific, BlackRock
- Bin Lin, Co-founder and President, Xiaomi Corporation
- Steve Chiu, Senior Vice President, Head of Hong Kong Retail, PIMCO Asia Limited
Full-time MBA students may initiate their own career-oriented clubs to build professional networks and share industry knowledge with classmates for professional development . Participating in a club or hosting career activities will enrich your practical skill and experience, help you develop new competencies and lead you to build a professional network outside the classroom.
Below are some examples of student-led clubs from past years:
- Finance & FinTech Club
- General Management Club
- Global Networking Club
- Management Consulting & Strategy Club
- Social Impact Club
- Sport & Management Club
- Technology & Product Club
- Japan Club
You may also visit our student blog (in Korean) by MBA student Jongsoo Chang of the Class 2020, who shares his first-hand experience of HKUST MBA student life
Chat with Our Ambassadors
Chat with our current MBA students and staff members to get to know more about life at HKUST MBA. An exclusive instant-messaging platform is available to facilitate your conversation, be it about academics, life in Hong Kong, student activities or personal hobbies. Our ambassadors are excited to connect with you.