Outstanding presentation skills and integration of different business disciplines for creative problem solving are the keys to success in business competition and career advancement. Our flagship elective, Enhancing Professional Skills (EPS), equips our students with senior-level business presentation skills, spanning problem-solving, marketing, finance, pitching and Q&A aspects.
Under the guidance of our world-class business school professors, participants embark on a rigorous one-week journey with their classmates through intensive learning and practice opportunities. Our students have previously been champions of many international case competitions.
We welcome students to our MBA community with networking events at a variety of scales. There, you will engage with business professionals of various domains and backgrounds and enrich your experience through corporate visits and networking events with like-minded people.
Join in our local and overseas alumni events to bond with graduates from other intake classes. These events are offered at different scales and in a variety of formats, letting you connect with your alma mater’s alumni in settings that you enjoy.
LEARN FROM INDUSTRY VETERANS
Here are some of the industry speakers who have met with our students in recent years. These speakers share their diverse expertise through industry insights and leadership know-how with our MBA community.
- Peter Wong, non-executive Chairman of Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation and former CEO of HSBC Asia Pacific
- Antony Leung, Chairman of Nan Fung Group, Co-founder of New Frontier Group, former Chairman Greater China of Blackstone
- Damien Vernet, President of LVMH Fashion Group for Asia
- Alice Wong, CFO, Hong Kong Television Network Limited
- David Plouffe, Former Vice President of Policy and Strategy, Uber
- Kenneth W. Hitchner, President of Goldman Sachs in Asia Pacific (Ex-Japan)
- Frederick Mutto, Customer Experience VP, Global Operations, Schneider Electric
- Donnell Green, Former Head of Human Resource Asia Pacific, BlackRock
- Bin Lin, Co-founder and President, Xiaomi Corporation
- Steve Chiu, Senior Vice President, Head of Hong Kong Retail, PIMCO Asia Limited
Embracing the belief that "to learn is to lead", we expect our Full-time MBA students to take the initiative in establishing professional and cultural student clubs aligned with their passions and interests. These clubs provide a platform to apply classroom learning, hone networking and leadership skills, and enhance communication capabilities. As a result, you can leverage student leadership opportunities to cultivate a robust professional network, mutually benefit from your MBA peers, and unlock your true potential.
Our diverse range of student clubs have included::
- Finance & FinTech Club
- General Management Club
- Global Networking Club
- Management Consulting & Strategy Club
- Social Impact Club
- Sport & Management Club
- Technology & Product Club
- Japan Club
THE ALUMNI NETWORK
Be part of HKUST’s MBA community and connect with alumni to exchange ideas, learn from the best and build a life-long network. Besides our exclusive virtual platform, there are also various occasions to meet our alumni, including the mentorship program, different mixer events, virtual seminars, alumni sharing, and more.
GO ANYWHERE, CONNECT EVERYWHERE
With the HKUST MBA Virtual Alumni Hub, you can stay connected with your network wherever you are in the world.